- Developed for support of Virginia Class Submarine at the COATS
- Provides Stimulus and Measurement Subsystem (SMS) to control,
monitor, and evaluate VME assets used in the Non-Propulsion Electronic
System (NPES) of the submarine.
- Provides Native Environment Subsystem (NES) that simulates the
operational configuration of typical NPES installations, and permits
the test and evaluation of several types of VME assets.
- Two transit cases house the NES and SMS subsystems.
- NES provides four (4) dedicated UUT slots, including three (3)
RACEway(tm) compatible slots and four (4) expansion slots.
- NES provides a separate Safe-To-Turn-On slot as well as power
- VMetro(tm) VME Bus Analyzer monitors NES VMEbus activity.
- The SMS contains the system stimulus and measurement capability,
consisting of CompactPCI, PXI and SCXI expansion.
- Supports "Technology Refresh" by pre-screening updated
versions of COTS VMEbus boards.
- Compact and Portable Configuration - designed for two-man carry
and sized for Virginia class hatch access.
- Transit cases provide shock mounting and environmental protection.
- Self-contained Graphical User Interface can be stowed for transit.
- Password protected with three (3) levels of user
- Scalable for use at contractor facilities, shipyards, depots
and remote operational sites.
- Adaptable to a wide variety of board types.
- Built in Self-Test supports system maintenance.
- Built in Engineering Mode aides test program development and
- Reconfigurable to support new systems and technologies